Feedback by UserVoice

Ideas - tell us your great ideas!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Change Invitees Status from "required" to "optional" and vice versa

I already had it for a couple of times, that I did set up a meeting poll with a customer.
    He then replied: could you please take name xy into the meeting and take me out/optional?
    I'm not able to do this in on the website right now, or it's not intiuitive enough.
    At the moment I have to cancel the invite with all votings on it, and need to resend one.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. time duration update

I d like to be able to change the duration time when I edit the poll. The default I got is 30 min, sometimes we had change of plans and I am request to get a 2 hours or + meeting...How do I set this without cancelling the invite? Thanks for listening.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. be able to change the location

Allow the location to be changed before sending the FindTime voting invite.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. UI is difficult to understand

Got feedback from one user that the UI isn't intuitive. It is harder than it should be to figure out what action they should take. I agree, that I also found that I had to work at understanding what the UI was enabling me to do, and what the prime action was I should be taking on a given page. Like the app - keep on working on it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks you so much for bringing this up. After moons of talking to our users and going through many iterations, the new UI is here. We are hearing great things about it. Hope you would love it too.

5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Scheduling across time zones

Would be nice to be able to show multiple time zones in the survey dialog so that each user can easily map to their local time zone w/o having to do time zone math.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion Steve. We do the math and show the suggestions in the time of the attendees computer so that attendees do not have to. So even if organizer selected times in PST, an attendee in EST would see them in his time. We hope this makes scheduling across times lot easier.

Cheers! – Vivek

7. How didit become a Skype Online Meeting? Principle of least astonishment.

Despite me adding a location to my meeting, it somehow became a Skype Online Meeting. I had to then follow up with my users and tell them it wasn't an online meeting.

I have no idea how this happened. There was no point during the setup process where I chose to have a Skype meeting. At least, I don't think there was.

So, the principle of least astonishment seems to have been violated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Oh! I can see a bit of confusion between Skype or physical vs Skype and physical location. We support both. If you don’t want to use Skype, turn it off by toggling the blue Skype logo before creating your FindTime invitation. FindTime supports both physical location + Skype.

see more here https://findtime.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/760392

and here for general meeting settings when creating an invite.

https://findtime.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/843000#meeting-settings

8. Is there a dashboard to modify settings?

I can't find one, but there should be. I set up a meeting and just allowed the default settings to take effect. But I discovered I don't want "Hold" appointments crowding up my calendar - unfortunately, there's no way (or I can't find one) to "uncheck" that option. The ability to toggle those three options on/off after sending the poll would be a nice feature.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the capability to change an attendee from Optional to Required after the invite is sent

Meetings scheduled directly from an email chain automatically add the email "cc" recipients as optional even after moving them to required. Need to have the option to move them to required after the meeting is scheduled. (or before)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Colour for 'decline' feedback

Instead of grey icons for 'no' attendance feedback, make them pink or red. This differentiates them from the grey 'no response' feedback more clearly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow me to edit the participant name.

First of all, great product/service !!!

Allow me to edit the participant name.
    e.g. My customers First Name is shown in the poll. In Germany it's not very respectful to call your by his first name.
    Would be great to have an option to change this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. stick voting UI cc line [ / optional ] attendees in area below to line [ / required ] attendees

i found the voting page to be way to busy when it merges all the votes from email to line [ / required ] attendees with email cc line [ / optional ] attendees.

I'd suggest experimenting with listing vote status of to line [ / required ] attendees at top of UI and separate block below listing vote status of cc line [ / optional ] attendees.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for external participants

The problem I have is arranging meetings with people outside the organisation where I can't see their calendar. Being able to suggest some times based on my calendar (and possibly others I can see) and include them in any invite.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Erica Klein responded

SnapMeet allows you to include external participants on your invite, and it will give you suggestions based on your calendar and colleagues’ calendars. After you email the invite to your participants, all participants (external and internal) can go to the SnapMeet voting site to vote on your suggestions based on their own calendars. Once consensus on a time is reached, the invite is sent out automatically (or you can send it manually). For more information, take a look at the intro video on our homepage, http://snapmeet.microsoft.com.

Thanks!
    Erica

14. The tool is not checking for work days in the calendar.

The tool is not checking for work days in the calendar. Example: For Middle East users Friday is not a working day, but tool is showing choices, that include Friday's option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change the name of the meeting

As the meeting name is derived from the subject of an original email, that may not be appropriate.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide option to not require organizer to vote

I recently proposed a meeting, all attendees voted, but the meeting sat there because I didn't know that I needed to vote. As the organizer, sometimes the fact that I have proposed the times means they are at least all acceptable to me. Currently the meeting will not be scheduled unless I both propose the times and vote on them myself. Prefer an option to treat my proposed dates as a "yes" so that meeting can be automatically scheduled when all attendees vote.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We do auto vote “yes” for the organizer when the invite is created…. Was this the case where someone else had proposed a new time, we do not auto-vote for organizer in such cases.

17. Sunday-Thursday work week

Not all places work Mon-Fri, in Israel you work Sun-Thu. Can you add support for that (maybe based on office locale settings?)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Timezone as user property

The default timezone for the service seem to be Windhoek and there is no user settings for timezone. I'm working in Helsinki, so I need to change the timezone for every meeting.

Timezone should be a user property, not installation wide property.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disalbe working hour times when 8 hour duration is selected

Arranging a meeting for 8 hours, if you want to see more options, you can un-check the "working hours" option so that you get all options that go beyond 6 pm.

True, but this is not intuitive behaviour. I didn’t think ogf it before you mentioned it. When you select 8 hours or custom you should have a cascaded question: Within working hours or not?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas - tell us your great ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base