Feedback by UserVoice

Ideas - tell us your great ideas!

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

1. Add support for Zoom.us

They have a great API that would allow for scheduling zoom meetings

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

backlog  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add support for conference rooms.

When the meeting gets scheduled, I would love to get a conference room that is closest to me automatically inserted based on the number of attendees. It would be awesome if it could automatically book multiple rooms if attendees are geographically distributed.

161 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    backlog  ·  Erica Klein responded

Thanks for the suggestion. Getting conference room suggestions is a great idea, though can be misleading if when consensus is reached and the meeting invite is sent out, the conference room is no longer available.

For our first cut release, we will not be adding conference room support but are looking into adding it in future releases.

Thanks for your support!
    Erica

3. Support Admin scheduling

As an admin I would like to be able to schedule for my manager. I would like to see his free/busy and make it available in the poll and voting page, but I don't want him to be sent any emails about it.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a way to manually send reminders to vote to my attendees

I need a way to send a reminder about voting. Based on my usage so far, this is a much better way of scheduling meeting, as long as people vote. So I need a way to send reminders that they haven't voted yet.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    backlog  ·  Kevin Stratvert responded

Great suggestion! We’ve heard several users request the ability to ping attendees to vote. We’ll look to add this functionality.

5. support recurring invites wtih locations.

As a Program Manager, I want to be able to automatically select available meeting rooms for a recurring series of meetings so that my attempt to schedule is not blocked by a room that is already booked.

1.  As a Program Manager, I can select:

a. a date range, specific days (M,T,W,T,F, etc.)

b. a specific time (11:00 am – 12:00 pm)

c. a location (bulding 122)

d. multiple locations (building 122, 123)

e. a minimum room capacity (11)
    And have the tool automatically pick the most contiguous series of rooms possible to meet my criteria so that I don’t have…

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great idea. We’ve had a lot of requests about both recurring meetings and adding conference room support. For right now, we are focused on polishing the product with its current feature set for public release and will consider this feature for future releases.

Thanks,
    Erica

6. Totally need a web companion like https://calendly.com

https://calendly.com is a great way for users to post their availability publicly so that people can schedule meetings even though they are not in the O365 kind of an environment and cannot see the Free/Busy data. I think this will be a huge advantage for all the customer facing roles like sales, marketing and account managers.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Assign "must haves", not just optional and required

When scheduling meetings with mid-large groups there are usually people who I need at the meeting. Please allow me to identify the most important people and weight scheduling based on their choices, not just majority rule. And yes, I know there is an "optional" feature in Exchange ;)

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Matthew,

We’ve gotten a few requests for this. We are considering it for future releases.

Thanks!
    Erica

8. have my dashboard provide access to meetings i've been asked to vote on

Currently i have no way, that i can find, in my dashboard view [ aka.ms/smDb ], to revisit meetings I've been asked to vote on.

I only see meetings I've requested people to vote on times for.

I'd like way to get back to those meetings i voted on to make edits if/when something comes up or review what others have voted on w/o hunting through email storage for the email i received.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I agree. This would be a useful feature to do for all attendees.

We also see a lot of first time attendees and lot of them are un-authenticated and never come back to the site. That said, we can definitely do this for someone we know on the system.

9. Convert calendar meeting into SnapMeet/FindTime meeting

If I've opened a window for a new meeting from the calendar, I can press the SnapMeet button from the menu on that window. It'll open up an odd side panel and ask me to start a new meeting, while the other, unsaved one is still visible next to it.

What if FindTime copied the information from the regular meeting, used the day/time as a starting point, and then closed the original meeting draft?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Ben. As you noticed – creating a FindTime invite from a “new appointment” flow is not the best experience today. We are working on improving it.

We do try to copy the content of your meeting body to the new email we open. Being an add-in we do not have a control over closing the draft. There are some talks on how best to natively integrate this functionality with in outlook. Stay tuned!

10. Enable easy scoring on voting results to find best meeting time

We need a way to easily find the best meeting time, even if no voting has an ok from all attendees.

E.g. introduce some kind of score per voting line to identify the best meeting time and sort for that score.

Make the score something individual changeable by the owner of an poll.

Score could be based on
    - lowest number of declined attendees
    - set some attendees as 'optional' and score only by the answers of the remaining attendees

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Peter. Great idea.

How do you imagine the sort to work (give up the chronological view)?

Do you think a visual representation of current best will give you as an organizer a clue? Would you also show it to your attendees?

Thanks
    Vivek

11. Holds Include details

I noticed that even though it puts a hold spot in the calendar it does not include any of the attendees or event information. Would be nice if the hold gave a little more context of who it was pertaining too (attendees, location so on..)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea, Julian. We do add the link to the actual invite in there but I agree that putting more information can be a useful thing for a quick glance.

12. Rescheduling a meeting should mark an accepted meeting as tentative

I had a scenario today where we had an accepted meeting time by all parties and one of the required parties had to decline. I sent out a new request for two weeks from now when that person was available again. Unfortunately the original meeting didn't really change and the other invitees were confused about whether or not to attend today's meeting. If a new invite for the meeting at different times goes out then the existing meeting should get somehow marked as tentative or deleted.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. provide way to exclude cc list from proposed time selections

i found it very distracting when i have an email with lots of folks on to and cc line to have the cc line included in proposed meeting time selection process.

So i cut them out of cc line until i had selected times and then pasted them back into cc line b4 sending.

Seems like there could be a checkbox allowing you to exclude cc line folks from time selection exercise to make this UX readily available.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let me edit the proposed meeting times

When I am scheduling with a bunch of busy participants there are NO slots when everyone will be free. Participants will have to decide if they can move or miss other meetings when they are busy. I have some idea of times that will work, but I am constrained to times when everyone is free, which in some cases is several weeks out. I need to be able to specify my own times or override existing times for suggested meeting times.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dave – Thanks for reaching out and raising this concern. I completely understand your scenario and the need to be able to input whatever time you have in mind. So I am adding this request to our backlog.

We do however allow you to sort by Time and if you looking outside of “working hours — check box” then you should be able to see all time slots. You scroll and select the one you have in mind.

Happy Meetings! – Vivek.

15. I can impersonate other users

When I get the invite it makes me choose who I am. So I just accepted the meeting invite for several other people, despite their opinion ont eh matter. :/

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Ned. The majority of our users don’t mind the openness, preferring not to have to have attendees (who don’t have SnapMeet installed) set up accounts. In addition, some organizers like to vote on their attendees’ behalves (their colleagues, for example). We are looking into adding security in the future for a larger public release.

Thanks,
    Erica

16. Auto expand DL members.

I understand this becomes awkward with large DLs, but some heuristics could be put into place to curb those scenarios. For teams using smaller membership DLs this would be a nice feature

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I really like the concept, but I always feel like I am spamming people.

Not sure what needs to change to reduce that feeling, but something to consider.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Patrick – when you are creating an invite, you can optionally turn off the reminders that goes to the people to remind them to vote. The only emails they will receive is the one you send them and also a “welcome” message if they are first time attendees.

That said, we have seen people come back from 3rd of 4th reminder email to vote. I suggest you experiment with or w/o reminders for some of your invites and see your success rate. Every attendee is different. Let us know what you find.

Marking this one for our backlog as reducing spam and making our reminders more intelligent is an ongoing effort.

Happy Meetings!
    Cheers! – Vivek

18. Seed this forum with your ideas

UserVoice pro tip #1:
    Your customers are full of ideas, but people are more likely to contribute if they're not among the first. Add your own ideas now!

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

backlog  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas - tell us your great ideas!

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base