Needs to Integrated into Outlook, Addin Approach is Not a good experience
Needs to Integrated into Outlook, Addin Approach is Not a good experience:
1. It isn't clear now to schedule new FindTime meetings, except if in reply to an email. It turns out that you can schedule new meetings if you create a new meeting in the calendar, but FindTime doesn't update or even seem to use that meeting.
2. I created a calendar item for an initial time that I wanted to propose and clicked the FindTime addin. My initial time was not selected by FindTime as an option, it disregarded the meeting time in the invite used to open it.
3. FindTime seems to have disregarded the meeting agenda text I placed in the calendar invite. I guess it just sent a poll, I'm not sure what it did.
4. FindTime chose a 30 min duration for the meeting, I set the original calendar item to 1 hour and FindTime could not recognize that. It's polling is completely separate from the calendar item it was created in after you hit the FindTime addin button.
5. It is not clear how to modify the FindTime poll after it is sent, the poll didn't appear on the web page (is there some kind of latency?) and if you hit the back button in FindTime and modify the poll, it sends out a completely new poll leaving all the tentative blocks in my calendar from the previous poll for the same meeting. It just keeps creating blocks and polls.
This isn't a very good experience from the Outlook client, it is hard to manage, and not well integrated. Sorry.
If you try to schedule outside the Outlook client on the FindTime web page, there is no button on the web dashboard to do that either.