But rather than being on your way to rock-stardom, you get an error, or maybe you can't find FindTime anywhere in Outlook or Outlook on the Web. Never fear! FindTime's support team is here, with a few quick tips to help you troubleshoot these issues.
You receive an installation error that you are not on Office 365.Your error looks something like this:
It looks like you are either not an Office 365 user, or your Office 365 account is hosted on a server that we don't support just yet. We are working to support a wider range of accounts in the future.
You receive an installation error that we can't get your SMTP address.Your error looks something like this:
We can't get your SMTP address. Please make sure you have at least one email in your Sent folder, or schedule an appointment or meeting on your calendar and try again.
You receive an installation error that asks you to contact us.Your error looks something like this:
Please try again. If the problem persists, take a look at our troubleshooting information or contact us at email@example.com.
Please try again. If the problem persists, take a look at our troubleshooting information or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with this ID: [your ID goes here]
As an aside, the following errors are not installation error per se, but they look very similar to the ones above so we're mentioning them here as well:
Please try again. If the problem persists, take a look at our UserVoice forum or contact us at email@example.com and provide us with this error message: [your error message goes here]
Please try again. If the problem persists, take a look at our UserVoice forum or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have successfully installed the FindTime add-in, hurrah! But...now you can't see it in Outlook.Congrats on making it this far! There are a few reasons this error can happen. Here's a list to troubleshoot.
- Depending on what version of Outlook you're using, the FindTime add-in is in different places. (We know, we know, we wish they were in the same place too...)
- If you're using Outlook 2013 for Windows or Outlook on the Web, the FindTime add-in is hidden inside the Office Add-ins menu. Take a look at our How It Works page by clicking "How It Works" on our homepage to see screenshots of the plugin locations.
- In Outlook 2016 for Windows, the plugin is displayed on your ribbon directly.
- In Outlook for Mac, the FindTime add-in is only available in read mode. Mac Office add-ins are not supported when writing or replying to an email.
- Sometimes opening the plugin in Outlook on the Web makes it available in desktop Outlook. Visit Outlook on the Web at https://outlook.office.com/ and open a new email. Find the "Add-in" button and click it to see if FindTime shows in your installed add-ins list. If so, open FindTime. This may cause the add-in to now appear in Outlook.
- Double check that FindTime is installed and enabled. You can do so by going to https://outlook.office.com/owa/#path=/options/manageapps. If you don't see FindTime installed and enabled, please go back to the FindTime homepage and reinstall the plugin. Here is a screenshot of what the Manage add-ins portal looks like when FindTime is successfully installed and enabled:
The FindTime Team